I had another blog post all ready to go this morning, but I deleted it. Why? Because I was in a grouchy mood when I wrote it. Perhaps some of the things I wrote needed to be said, but why in the world post any more negativity out on the web? We get enough of that from every side; we don’t need any more. It was cathartic for me to get it out of my system, and even more cathartic to delete the sucker.
And now it’s time to get positive and happy, and turn our attention to nice things. Good things. Phenomenally wonderful things. Just looking around my office, here are some phenomenally wonderful things in my line of sight:
- Mr. Happy’s Greatest Hits Great rock ‘n roll from Christopher Webster and the boys! I’ve had this CD for years (it’s the one where Chris thanked me in the liner notes, a fact that I will probably continue to mention and crow about for the rest of my life, because having my name in the liner notes of a rock album is beyond wonderful, right?) but I recently bought it from iTunes as well so I can take it with me wherever I go. I strongly recommend you do the same. 🙂
|Yeah, my name is on this! 🙂|
- This picture of Johnny Depp. Speaks for itself, doesn’t it? I want to marry this picture.
|I think it’s probably illegal in 46 states to look this good!|
- Spring! Winter is dying and everything else is coming back to life.
- Old Dogs by Debi Matlack. One of the best books I’ve ever read! You can read it while you’re listening to Mr. Happy’s Greatest Hits and you’ll have the best day of your entire life to date. Trust me on this.
- Vinyl records spinning on my turntable. I love my vinyl records. I keep buying more, like a vinyl junkie. It’s an addiction that hurts no one and makes me very, very happy! And they sound divine!
|Two years ago my son-in-law’s dad & step-mom added a TON of
great vinyl to my collection, including these three Zeppelin
- The totally amazing reviews Crimson and Clover has gotten on Amazon and iTunes. They’re thrilling and exciting and humbling. I cannot tell you the joy I get from knowing people enjoy reading something I wrote!
- My amazing friend author S.A. Hussey (who isn’t literally in my line of sight, but she still counts.) When I tell her I’m being distracted by shiny things and am procrastinating on writing or editing, she sends me pictures like this and captions it, “You have ten seconds to get your butt in gear!”
|Well, that’s me told, and quite nicely, too!
I would commit bigamy with this picture.
- And one last phenomenally wonderful thing: In this post you’ve seen my inspiration for Jay Carey from Crimson and Clover, AND my inspiration for Derek Marshall, the hero from my next book. Can you guess which is which? 🙂
What are some phenomenally wonderful things going on in your life right now?